The European House Concert  Hub

The place for concert hosts, guests and artists to network

Listen again to the great Ralph McLean chatting to Hub founder Rob Ellen on BBC Radio Ulster about his quest to encourage concerts in peoples own homes, when the Medicine Show toured Ireland this year with Chuck Hawthorne and Libby Koch (featuring interview and session with them too) 35 minutes into the show.(click picture)

 

As with any home some home improvements are sometimes needed (Or so I'm told)

Heres where you can report any site bugs or things you think don't work to well, + you can also make suggestions for features that you think would be good to have around the hub.

Look forward to your thoughts
Rob Ellen

Views: 32

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Rob,

As a venue I would like to be able to sort the artists according to the music they offer and maybe country they are coming from. In my first looks around the site I couldn't see how to do this.
If I was a German artist, I would like to see more "clubs" on the site. So it would be good to separate the venues into house and club, and by location.
I also think that artists who have had experience with venues in another country should have a place to report their experiences and to evaluate venues where they played. Would help the others.
The only way to do this that ive found is to put a search in your search button top right for the style of music and/or the country and see what shows up that will depend on how much info the artists put on their sites so the most giving artsist will bring up the most info.

There is a discussion set up for artists to report their gig experiences so far no takers Ive featured it though http://houseconcerthub.ning.com/forum/topics/house-concerts-to-concert
Thanks for contributing
Rob Ellen
Hello - just reporting that when you sign up from a country outside the US, it won't let you proceed without entering your city and state (contained in a US zipcode). I have some friends in europe that could get confused!
Thanks for all your work.
Peter
Thanks for the heads up on this, it hasn't been an issue so far, all countrys have a post code, but I'll keep my eye on it.

Peter Nevins said:
Hello - just reporting that when you sign up from a country outside the US, it won't let you proceed without entering your city and state (contained in a US zipcode). I have some friends in europe that could get confused!
Thanks for all your work.
Peter
Hey Rob,
There is just so much that is great here and as I'm sure you're aware, so much more that could have it being even better!! For me, when I went to look at the house concert hosts group/forum I saw that you could only comment by joining the group so I now can see that a lot of artists have joined and have used the space as advertising... maybe as moderator and since you have already given many other spaces for artists to comment you could even remove posts that aren't from hosts?? As an artist I then have the option of looking through bonafide comments from hosts and befriending or messaging them directly... :) maybe... :)

Penny
I'll look into that now thans

PotnKettle said:
Hey Rob,
There is just so much that is great here and as I'm sure you're aware, so much more that could have it being even better!! For me, when I went to look at the house concert hosts group/forum I saw that you could only comment by joining the group so I now can see that a lot of artists have joined and have used the space as advertising... maybe as moderator and since you have already given many other spaces for artists to comment you could even remove posts that aren't from hosts?? As an artist I then have the option of looking through bonafide comments from hosts and befriending or messaging them directly... :) maybe... :)

Penny
House Concert Sample CD said:
I'll look into that now thans

PotnKettle said:
Hey Rob,
There is just so much that is great here and as I'm sure you're aware, so much more that could have it being even better!! For me, when I went to look at the house concert hosts group/forum I saw that you could only comment by joining the group so I now can see that a lot of artists have joined and have used the space as advertising... maybe as moderator and since you have already given many other spaces for artists to comment you could even remove posts that aren't from hosts?? As an artist I then have the option of looking through bonafide comments from hosts and befriending or messaging them directly... :) maybe... :)

Penny
I'll do just that good thinking, its getting the time for this sort of house work if you fancied taking care of this Ide give you moderator access. let me know

rob ellen said:
House Concert Sample CD said:
I'll look into that now thans

PotnKettle said:
Hey Rob,
There is just so much that is great here and as I'm sure you're aware, so much more that could have it being even better!! For me, when I went to look at the house concert hosts group/forum I saw that you could only comment by joining the group so I now can see that a lot of artists have joined and have used the space as advertising... maybe as moderator and since you have already given many other spaces for artists to comment you could even remove posts that aren't from hosts?? As an artist I then have the option of looking through bonafide comments from hosts and befriending or messaging them directly... :) maybe... :)

Penny
Ive changed us back to the Display simple text editor when editing blogs and discussions function for blogs etc far to many gluitches in the new editor. Hope this is OK with everyone
Please discuss.
Rob Ellen

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Would like to contribute to FSR and the House Concert Hub? Please help keep the wheels on the hub, this site is run on House Concert Principles and relies on your donation. Thank You for keeping this in mind

 Twitter



Youtube



https://open.spotify.com/embed/user/medicinemusic/playlist/6tI6eMaE5D7b5QZ0eCjmLb

Face Book

Find us here

Please help me keep the wheels on The Medicine Show, and keep the hub rolling HERE!

Twitter



 Youtube




Face Book

medicine show rolling news

Latest Activity

Tony James Shevlin posted songs
Tuesday
Eden Oliver left a comment for Carley Timms
"Hey Carley, I'm in a 4-piece folk group called West My Friend from Canada that will be in your next of the woods this upcoming May 2018 (we'll likely be playing at the Montrose Folk Club), and we'd be very interested in coming to…"
Tuesday
Eden Oliver posted a photo

WMF Promo Photo 1 - by Christopher Poynter

West My Friend is a four piece indie-folk band with upright bass, guitar, mandolin, accordion, and four-part vocals. Hailing from Victoria, BC, Canada, this group stretches the boundaries of folk music and is key part of the grass-roots folk scene…
Tuesday
Profile IconJules Shevlin and Eden Oliver joined The European House Concert Hub
Tuesday
Greg Cooper posted a blog post

Work Visas Needed for the UK?

Please feel free to contact me with all your Tour Management needs, includingWork Visas (CoS)Tour SchedulingFlights/Hotels and TransportationEquipment HireTour ManagementAudio Solutionswww.gregcooper.co.ukSee More
Tuesday
A blog post by Greg Cooper was featured

Work Visas Needed for the UK?

Please feel free to contact me with all your Tour Management needs, includingWork Visas (CoS)Tour SchedulingFlights/Hotels and TransportationEquipment HireTour ManagementAudio Solutionswww.gregcooper.co.ukSee More
Tuesday
Greg Cooper commented on Michelle Lewis's blog post Looking to book concerts Nov 6-9 in UK
"If I can be of assistance with your Work Permit for the UK, please do not hesitate to contact me www.Gregcooper.co.uk or direct via Greg.cooper79@gmail.com"
Monday
Greg Cooper commented on The Moon and You's blog post The Moon and You Husband/wife duo from Asheville NC touring through Europe in November
"If I can be of assistance with your Work Permit for the UK, please do not hesitate to contact me www.Gregcooper.co.uk or direct via Greg.cooper79@gmail.com"
Monday
Greg Cooper commented on Breadfoot's blog post Looking for a house concert or two in England / Scotland late September
"If I can be of assistance with your Work Permit for the UK, please do not hesitate to contact me www.Gregcooper.co.uk or direct via Greg.cooper79@gmail.com"
Monday
Greg Cooper commented on Antoine Lemaire's blog post Kelly Sloan - Canadian Folk-Soul November 2017!
"If I can be of assistance with your Work Permit for the UK, please do not hesitate to contact mewww.Gregcooper.co.uk or direct via Greg.cooper79@gmail.com"
Monday
Greg Cooper commented on Hannah Lomas's blog post Stray Local (American duo) looking for house concerts in the U.K. for June 2018
"If I can be of assistance with your Work Permit for the UK, please do not hesitate to contact mewww.Gregcooper.co.uk or direct via Greg.cooper79@gmail.com"
Monday
Greg Cooper commented on James Kirby's blog post Looking for places to play as I travel through Europe
"If I can be of assistance with your Work Permit for the UK, please do not hesitate to contact mewww.Gregcooper.co.uk or direct via Greg.cooper79@gmail.com"
Monday
Tony James Shevlin updated their profile
Oct 13
Tony James Shevlin posted photos
Oct 13
billy jones bluez posted a blog post

The Billy Jones Story: ...the times and travels of an american bluesman.

..genuine road-hardened delta blues outlaws. ..southern soul meets blues funk: ...BIOGRAPHY...the times and travels of an american blues band.  As we release our NEW cd:Funky Blues & Southern Soul - volume 1…See More
Oct 13
Craig Shorrock posted a blog post

Album promotional tour

In January 2018, I am releasing my third album which will be called A New Day. I am putting together a tour to promote it. If anybody would be interested in hosting a house concert as part of this tour, please get in touch. I will be uploading one of the songs shortly for you to have a preview.I am ideally looking for venues around North West England initially but will consider anything further afield.ThanksSee More
Oct 13

© 2017   Created by rob ellen.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service